PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education)
PSHE is a major contributor to:
- Safeguarding education for children
- Promoting health and wellbeing
- Promoting personal and social skills leading towards employability
- Increasing independence and responsibility for themselves
- Tolerance and resilience for themselves and others
PSHE is also about forming positive collaborative relationships with parents/carers to enable them to feel confident addressing a wide range of sensitive issues with their own child. We feel it is important to engage with parents/carers so they feel comfortable to seek advise and support where necessary, free from judgement. PSHE is delivered in dedicated sessions twice a fortnight, but qualified trained tutors to deal sensitively with a wide range of topics. Lesson content is adapted to ensure they are age appropriate. The lessons deal with real life situations which affect our children, families and communities. We are passionate about equipping our students to be responsible, well informed, resilient and compassionate individuals who personally develop through the PSHE programme.